Question Detail: I will be submitting my I-829 application and would like to work with a different attorney than the one who filed my I-526 and I-485. Is it possible to change attorneys at this late stage in the immigration process? Will I need to provide USCIS with different documentation? How will my EB-5 application be affected if I change immigration attorneys?
(News and views from IBLF staff and attorneys)
INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS - Starting about Jan 9th, IBLF will recommence its meetings about the process and the validity of the Nov 20 Executive Order. If you miss the informational sessions, you can still get information by calling us at our main number, email us with your interest, or attend a future session which we are scheduling from time to time.
My parents invested through the EB-5 program and were interviewed for their conditional green card in late January 2014. They are communist bankers who do not hold any political position, but USCIS still needed to perform an additional background check. Will their current communist status complicate their I-526 approval? In addition, about 95% of the other investors in the same project have already received their conditional green card. Because we are still waiting for I-526 approval, and are now last in the queue, will our chances of receiving I-829 approval be reduced?
I just managed to get my conditional green card through the EB-5 program and shortly after that I won the electronic diversity visa lottery. May I apply for a permanent green card? Is there any possibility to cancel my participation in investment program and the regional center I invested in and get my money back Is this situation somehow regulated by law or rules (DV Lottery or EB-5 rules)?
I have a B1/B2 visa and have invested approximately $2 million in a U.S. business since 2011. In so doing, eight full time jobs at the peak production period have been created. However, as I cannot avail of any SBA facility with my present B1/B2 visa, I believe that I need to apply for an EB-5 visa. But upon submitting the EB-5 application, I would be barred from travelling to the United States. Can I retroactively apply my investment and job creation when applying for the EB-5 visa? How can a current B1/B2 visa holder travel to the United States after applying for the EB-5 visa?
If we have a newborn after receiving I-485 approval, but before our intended date of first travel as immigrants to the United States, what should be done to ensure the newborn also travels with us legally?