Unable to Depart US Due to Pandemic? Avoid Overstay!

Were you admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)? --->  There is no provision of law that would allow you to extend your stay. However, if you are unable to depart before their current period of admission expires due to exigent circumstances, there is an option to request relief in the form of a Satisfactory Departure request. Both U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have authority to handle these requests which grant an individual a period of 30 days in which to depart the U.S.

IBLF during the Pandemic

While our office is closed in accordance with the recommendation of government officials, we are still receiving and processing mail, email, and conducting video and telephone consultations and meetings.  By special arrangement, we can receive documentation that cannot be mailed to our office.  Please call if you have any such special requests.

Virginia Law Criminalizing Gang Activity Not Categorically a CIMT

 On July 19, 2019 the US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals issued its decision finding that the Virginia offense of participating in criminal street gang activity is not categorically a crime involving moral turpitude.

The Virginia statute,  Va. Code § 18.2-46.2(A), which prohibits participation in a criminal street gang, is as follows:

EB-5 Q&A: What qualifies as an EB-5 troubled business?

Question Detail: My retail business has experienced some loss, and I want to see if it qualifies as a troubled business under the EB-5 program. What does USCIS consider a troubled business for EB-5 investment purposes? What proof will I need to provide to show that it is troubled? If I currently have 8 employees, and get an EB-5 investor to invest, will they just have to preserve those jobs or create new ones?