Unable to Depart US Due to Pandemic? Avoid Overstay!

Were you admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)? --->  There is no provision of law that would allow you to extend your stay. However, if you are unable to depart before their current period of admission expires due to exigent circumstances, there is an option to request relief in the form of a Satisfactory Departure request. Both U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have authority to handle these requests which grant an individual a period of 30 days in which to depart the U.S. without being considered to have overstayed their allotted time.