EB-5 Q&A: What immigration application should I file after I-526 approval?



Upon an approval of your I-526 petition, you are eligible to adjust your status in the United State by filing the I-485 application.  With your I-485 application, you attach an application (Form I-765) for work authorization.  USCIS is statutorily required to issue employment authorization (EAD) within 90 day and it usually takes three months for the USCIS to issue an EAD for a pending I-485 applicant.